It is a molecular biology laboratory for transplantation immunology that provides for histocompatibility testing (HLA) for patients on the waiting list for organ transplantation, for patients requiring bone marrow transplantation and their potential intra-familial donors as well as stem cells donors enrolled in the National Volunteer Donor Register of Peripheral and Centrally Hematopoietic Stem Cells.
For non-transplantation departments, the laboratory may perform specific HLA genotypes associated with certain diseases (eg HLA-B * 27 in ankylosing spondylitis, HLA-DQ2 / DQ8, HLA-DR4 in celiac disease).
Main activities / techniques:
- DNA extraction
- HLA low resolution SSO and SSP typing
- HLA high resolution SBT and SSP typing
- results interpretation and output
- Coordinator: Elena Gai, Biol. Principal med., PhD
- Florina Boldeanu, Chem. Principal med., PhD
- Automatic DNA Extractor – MagNA Pure LC (Roche)
- Sequencer 3130XL (Applied Biosystems / Hitachi)
- Luminex FlexMAP3D System (Luminex)
- Thermocyclers (Applied Biosystems)
- Laboratory centrifuges (Hettich)
- Gel Electrophoresis and Visualisation System